Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

A Change of Ends Update

Hi guys. Recently I feel like I've been starting every post with an apology, if I've been posting at all. There have been a few reasons that updates have been so sparse. First, the Asia swing at the end of the tennis season is crazy hard to watch. I don't get the Tennis Channel and even if I did, the matches are on around 3am. I'm a die hard fan, but I reserve my middle of the night tennis watching for the Australian Open. In the case of women's tennis, none of the good players bother to show up at tournaments anymore so why should I spend the day falling asleep in class because I was up late watching Tamarine Tanasugarn beat Kimiko Date Krumm to win the Japan Open? I don't care.

Second, I'm finally in my last year of university and regardless of how lazy I would like to be, I'm working harder than ever. No worries though, in terms of priorities, my blog comes right after looking for a job and right before class work. I don't feel so bad though because there's been a noticeable decrease in blogging lately so I don't think I'm the only one who's found it difficult to multitask. Anyway, if you don't find anything new on A Change of Ends, check out my weekly pieces for TennisGrandstand. They're generally available on Thursdays or Fridays each week.

Third, the US Open was my last live event of the year and I love blogging live from tournaments. I've definitely been planning some great trips for next year and I'm hoping to kick things off in Memphis in February.

In an effort to update more regularly, I'm going to try to write shorter pieces more frequently. No guarantees. I pretty much always have the intention of writing something short and then it turns into several pages.

As always, if you want to here my up to the minute ramblings, follow me on Twitter @achangeofends. I know it's shameless but I have no problem begging for followers, at least not on my blog.

Also, I think I'm going to open up the comment forums on A Change of Ends so feel free to start responding to posts. I love hearing from you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment